Wednesday, February 10, 2010

65 in 365

Edited on Monday, February 15th - I'm editing this post to update for items that are already In Progress, as well as, adding one new item. I'll update this post and status on a monthly basis after today! :)

So, I saw this "65 in 365" on Michele's blog, The Story of Us, and I thought what better way to start out an amazing year than to set goals for myself and my family. I think that this will really help me to be accountable for the things that I want to do, as well as, hopefully stay organized and get things accomplished. I'm looking forward to seeing what items I get completed when the 365 days are over. I'll start on my list tomorrow, February 11th, 2010, and I'll end on February 11th, 2011.

I've only listed 52 items, because I can't think of anymore at this time, but as I come up with things or update the list, I'll post an update for everyone to see. I may not get 65 items on my list, but I'll do my best!

1. Run two 5K's - One in Spring and one in Fall - In Progress: Spring 5K Scheduled
2. Walk in the neighborhood with Weston a minimum of four days a week (weather permitting)
3. Work-out on my own aside from walking in the neighborhood three days per week
4. Get a babysitter (grandparents) and go out on a date with Grant at least once per month - In Progress: February - Check, March - Scheduled
5. Leave Weston with my parents for the night, so Grant and I can go away for our Anniversary - Scheduled and Hotel Booked!
6. Clip coupons for Grocery Shopping - In Progress
7. Maintain a $150-200 per Grocery Budget
8. Stay up-to-date on Weston's Baby Book - In Progress
9. Stay up-to-date on Weston's Sticker Calendar - In Progress
10. Join a Ladies Weekly Bible Study with Church
11. Stay up-to-date on Weston's Scrapbook
12. Make small photo books of Weston's Newborn Photos and give to the Grandparents - In Progress
13. Make weekly grocery shopping lists and stick to list! - In Progress
14. Develop a Family Notebook to include a calendar and menus - In Progress
15. Make Weekly Menu and plan ahead - In Progress
16. Keep Weston's Clothes organized and box in Storage boxes as he grows out of them - In Progress
17. Keep a cleaning schedule and follow through with schedule as designated - In Progress
18. Create a website for Weston to include information and photos to keep family updated on his progress - In Progress
19. Host my parents and sister for dinner at least twice - In Progress: Scheduled One Dinner
20. Host my in-laws for dinner at least twice
21. Try out one new recipe each month
22. Develop a budget and STICK to it!
23. Record all expenditures to keep on track with budget
24. Develop a daily schedule and stick to it with Weston - In Progress
25. Start working with Weston on a few sign language signs to help us communicate better
26. Plan Weston's 1st Birthday Party at our House
27. Finish up and follow through with "The Love Dare" with Grant
28. Read and sing to Weston every night before bed
29. Start infant swim lessons with Weston this summer (Indoor Pool)
30. Join Baby Music Class once a week and attend at least two-three times per month
31. Start Weston on "Your Baby Can Read" videos at 3 months
32. Breastfeed for an entire year or until no longer able due to unforeseen circumstances
33. Take photos of Weston at a minimum of once per week
34. Make time for myself...I want to do everything I can for Weston, but take care of myself, as well...get a manicure or pedicure, eyebrows waxed, take a long shower and fix my hair, wear make-up, etc.
35. Come up with a new Family Tradition for our little family
36. Join Weight Watchers after getting the "go-ahead" from my doctor at six weeks - In Progress
37. Meet my Weight Watchers goal
38. Spend more time in the word and in prayer with God
39. Resume an intimate relationship with Grant...I know that this has been one of my fears that having a child will change our intimate relationship; however, I realize that it will change regardless, and I just want to be sure that once we get the "okay" that we resume an intimate relationship and work on keeping it strong.
40. Visit Grant's grandparents in Greenville at least twice this year - In Progress: 1st Visit Scheduled for March
41. Visit my grandparent's in Buford at least twice this year - In Progress: 1st Visit Scheduled for March
42. Take a trip to Memphis & Nashville with Grant in the Fall
43. Take Weston to his first Atlanta Braves Baseball Game - In Progress: Date Selected in September
44. Take Weston to his first UGA Football Game
45. Take Weston to his first UGA Baseball Game
46. Start Banks on his Senior Hunter Tests to gain Senior Hunter Title - Attend at least one weekend of Hunt Tests before end date
47. Get photos taken of Weston at Newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year - In Progress: Newborn Photos completed!
48. Start and complete the 30 Day Shred - In Progress: Bought DVD, once get OK from Doctor...Get Started!
49. Keep up with Weston's Monthly Photos with Sticker Number Months - In Progress: Took "0" month, and I have 1 Month Onesie ready!
50. Read six adult books (not childrens books) - In Progress: Re-reading Dear John, so I can go see the movie !
51. Buy a new bathing suit for myself - In Progress: Picked one out!
52. Take Weston to the Lake
52. Take Weston to the Beach for Family Vacation - In Progress: Scheduled for last week / weekend in June
53. Get Birth Announcements sent out for Weston by March 15th - In Progress: Designed and waiting for them to arrive in the mail!

6 comments:

Kassie said...

I love the kinds of goal lists! It's always so nice to see where you are headed. :)

Michele said...

OMGosh, I was totally shocked when I checked your blog today and saw my name/blog. That is what I love most about blogging is finding other moms and people you can relate too! You have given me some more great ideas to add to my ever growing list! Here's hoping we can accomplish all those things!

Nicole-Lynn said...

This is wonderful :)

L said...

Like the other lists I've seen you post about, Im sure you'll do great accomplishing this one! Your blog has always been on my favorite list & just wanted to tell you that & I left you something over on my blog! Have a great weekend!

Lyryn said...

What a great goal list! Way to go girl! :)

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Rachel, did you get our package? I never heard from you and never got mine.