Friday, July 2, 2010

Just Remember...

...to cherish your little one!

You just never know. I found Hayley's blog, and I read it in tears as she writes about the loss of her 4 month old, Gabriel in May. Her sweet baby boy died in his sleep. I often unintentionally take Weston's life for granted. I am so grateful for him, but I think that he's "out of the woods", and he's not such a fragile little baby anymore, so I don't worry nearly as much as I did when he was a small baby. But you really just never know, and they could be taken from you in an instant.

Just a reminder to all of you to cherish EVERY moment you have with your babies, even those times that may you want to scream or pull your hair out! There are so many things that you worry and stress about...schedules, naps, sleep, feeding, etc., and they are mostly so unimportant. Each moment that you have with your son or daughter is a gift and blessing. Hug them tight and give them lots of kisses today and everyday. Enjoy every single moment of life with your little one!

If you read this, please take a moment to lift up this dear family to the Lord as they grieve the loss of their precious son.

4 comments:

JennyLee said...

It's so easy to take them for granted. Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

I couldn't even imagine!

Jaclyn said...

Her story just breaks my heart! You are a very lucky mommy!

Candace said...

Wow I am balling my eyes out! I was reading that holding Keating and the poor thing is covered in tears and I just smeared him in kisses. Gosh I cant even imagine. He has started rolling over on his tummy in his sleep and it scares me so bad! This definitely doesnt help my fear because you just never know.