Update: So, Weston didn't have anything on his stomach, so he slept through the night just fine, and he woke up at 5:00 AM really hungry. I nursed him, because my doctor told me to continue nursing him since he's breastfed, and he went back to sleep for about an hour. He woke up, and he was SO thirsty, so I gave him some more BM in a cup, and he drank the whole cup dry (approximately 5 ounces). He also ate some Cheerios. Grant is home with him now, and he hasn't been sick again yet, so he's held that down for about 4 hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are over the worst of it!
My little man has his first stomach bug! :(
One of the other little boys at daycare got sick on Monday, and he ended up going home from daycare early. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Weston wasn't going to come down with it, because he didn't get it yesterday. Unfortunately, today was the day, and I'm SO sad!
He started throwing up around 4:30 PM, and he's thrown up three times since this! Poor baby boy! Anyways, he has nothing in his stomach...no food, drink, nothing! How do I keep him hydrated? Everything just comes back up?!
Anyways, Weston and one of the other little boys got sick today, and the boy who was sick on Monday is sick again today. Not good! We have big plans to see Santa this weekend, so we can't be sick at the Harvey house. And I'm praying that we don't come down with it...I don't know what we'll do!
Hello world!
2 years ago
3 comments:
Hey Rachel! I have no experience with this whatsoever (lol), but my sister-in-law swears by Pedialyte. She says that if her kids can't hold anything down, they can always hold Pedialyte.
Try a tablespoon of pedialite every 15-30 minutes until he can keep some down. Then you can gradually increase the amount.
Pedialyte is so nasty, we like to use gatorade. (My doc suggested over pedilyte) just keep offering him sips, nothing much. Even water is better in sips than nothing. Hope he feels better soon. I have only had to deal w/ this once and we all got it! So praying you all don't come down with this. Also, after he starts keeping things down move to very bland foods like applesauce, bread, cheerios (if you feed him that kind of thing now?!)
Post a Comment