Monday, January 10, 2011

It's a New Year...

So, it's a little late since we are already 10 days into the new year, but I guess it's better late than never, right?! There are a few things that I'd really like to make a habit in 2011...I'm not putting a whole lot of pressure on myself to make them happen, but I would like to work towards these goals and let it go, if I'm not successful.

Here is my list...
- Put a focus on myself. I do so many things for my family, Grant and Weston, and it's great, and I love doing things for them, but I do want to exercise more and put a focus on making time for myself. I will sometimes put off going to the gym even though I really want to go, because I feel like I need to do something for Grant or Weston, like cook dinner or pick W up from daycare. I love doing those things for my family, but I need to make time for myself too and not feel guilty about it.

- Do weekly posts about what we did throughout the week. I don't want them to be incredibly detailed, but I'd love to be able to look back and recount our weeks throughout the year, so I can print them and save them for my records.

- Keep up with W's monthly updates. I didn't do a great job with keeping up with W's monthly updates as he passed the half year mark. I need to get back on updating and keeping up with this through his 2nd year.

- Make weekly meal plans, grocery lists and cut coupons. I did this throughout 2010, but I didn't do it every week, so I didn't save as much money as I could have, and I want to be better about organizing our weekly plans and sticking to them!

- Stick to our budget and save money! We always have a budget, but sometimes we don't stick to it, and I'd love to stick to our budget, as well as, save more money throughout the year. I'm working on a plan and budget for us by month.

These are my main goals for this week, but I mostly want to enjoy spending time with my family and enjoying the year. We have a lot to look forward to throughout the year. Weston's 1st birthday, a surprise trip for Grant and my sister's wedding...I anticipate that we'll have a great year!

No comments: