So, I have made all of Weston's baby food, but now, he's kind of over it...he likes to eat food that he can pick up and put in his mouth, and he's been eating finger foods, but I feel like he eats the same things all the time. So, I wanted to know...what do you feed your child? What does a day or week look like for your kids?
I'd love some suggestions for food that he can eat that he would like, are healthy and would be different! :)
Hello world!
2 years ago
7 comments:
My advice now that he can handle more solids. Feed him whatever you eat. Lo and I are consistent eaters. Cheerios for breakfast, PBJ/turkey sandwich with yogurt, fruit, or applesauce (not the baby kind the adult kind) for lunch, and then she enjoys whatever it is I make for dinner. We have done this from the beginning and she seems to be a less picky eater b/c of it. Rarely does she get a separate meal from us. Hope that helps. I just think it makes life easier for everyone.
At that age we did whole wheat toast, applesauce, yogurt, Gerber "dinners", healthy chicken nuggests in the freezer section, frozen greenbeans and corn are still his favorite snack!
We liked to bring these as well raisins, dried fruits, cheerios , fiddlesticks, plum organics fruit pouches!(all easily portable and mess free)
For breakfast, my son has scrambled eggs, all types of fruit, cheese toast, cheerios, nutrigrain bar...you can get some whole grain waffles to cut up for him. For lunch and dinner the frozen veggies are very easy, you just steam what you need in the microwave and then refreeze the rest; he eats whatever meat we eat. I also cut up fresh sweet potato into cubes that he can pick up. You could do homemade mac n cheese instead of the box kind. Graham crackers make a great snack. They also make smaller goldfish that are better for babies and toddlers, "baby goldfish"...hope this helps!
I give Keating black beans, corn, cheese, little pieces of meat, mashed potatoes, and graham crackers and natural cheetos for a treat.
we did blueberries, frozen veggies that I defrost and warm up (already bite sized), green beans, peas, grapes cut in quarters, boiled eggs (you can do yolks right now), cut cooked carrots, yogurt, cottage cheese, cut tomatoes, organic nitrate free shaved turkey and chicken, etc.
We started Brayden into slowly eating what we ate so that I would no longer have to make 2 seperate meals. Weston will let you know what he likes & doesn't like....believe me :)
New follower :) Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment