Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Little Climber

I was hopeful that Weston would be able to move to a "Big Boy" bed before William arrives, but I know that he's still going to be a bit young when his little brother arrives, so I was worried that it might not be possible; however, Weston decided for me that at a mere almost 16 months old...he is ready for a Big Boy bed!

He may not understand that he is going to be moved and why he needs to stay in his bed right away, but unfortunately, he has to be moved quickly. He has become quite the climber, and he can climb/fall out of his crib even though there are no bumpers and the crib is all the way lowered.

The first time that he did this...he scared me to death! I heard this HUGE thud, and I was sound asleep. Talk about getting my adrenaline running at 6:00 in the morning!! He has done it twice since then, and he has become more and more graceful with each climb/fall from his crib. He definitely needs to be moved out of his crib, so he doesn't get hurt. We are working on converting his crib to a toddler bed, and we are also working on getting a more permanent bed for Weston. (Thanks Amanda!!)

Wish us luck that the move won't be too difficult for us!

6 comments:

Carol said...

I would get one of those tent things to put on the crib and leave him in it. It's hard to keep them in their bed at all once they are in a regular bed. Advice from a grandmother but mother of four!

Kayla said...

Gosh, it's been forever since I've commented, sorry about that! Anyway, I know nothing about what age kids should move into a new bed because Adam is only 5 months old! With that said, good luck, I'm sure it will work out just fine. How far apart will your boys be? I would love to have a second one close to adam's age, but I'm afraid at the same time. :-) In other news, I just saw that your newest addition will be named William! I have a friend who has two boys and their names are Weston and William. (And William was what we were going to name Adam, had we not chosen Adam.) Just thought that was funny. Good luck with everything!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Scary! I'm sure he'll learn soon that the ground is a long way down.

PS: love the name William!

Lyryn said...

Jayden transitioned well. I'll be praying for you though!!

autumn said...

We made the switch with Nolie about a month ago (at right around the same age as W!). It was rough for a few nights but she figured it out super fast, it was harder on us having to sit in her room putting her back in every time she climbed out. Now she loooooves her bed and puts everything to sleep "baby, nigh nigh" "baa (lamb) nigh, nigh" and on and on- so cute!

Kim said...

Hope the transition goes smooth!