Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just a few new photos...

So, I don't have a whole lot to post about right now...things are going great! My emotions are up and down right now, but I guess that's to be expected. I'm doing great though, and I'm so proud and happy with the new edition to our family. On another note, we are exhausted. Weston doesn't really like to sleep at night, so he cried for hours last night before finally falling asleep on my chest in the office. Grant and I had to take turns, and it really sucked! Keep your fingers crossed that he does better tonight. Any advice on sleeping and getting him to sleep in his bassinet would be great!

Anyways, on to the pictures, and I'll post again soon...


15 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What an exciting time!!! Yay for healthy PRECIOUS babies!!! Cute cute onsie too!

Brittney said...

Thank you for posting photos! I look forward to seeing more! Glad you and baby are doing well.

Annie said...

oh hun, i'm sorry but i have no advice.
i am sure it will come with time, you will figure out something that works.
in the meantime, thanks for posting more photos!! weston is too cute!!!

Carry Grace said...

Hang in there. The first few nights at home are the hardest, and you will most likely feel like you are in a fog, but hang in there. It will get better.

Kassie said...

So gorgeous! Congrats!!

autumn said...

Oh man, Nolie did NOT UNDERSTAND night time for the first few weeks. She only started to get it once we started a routine. We now do the same thing every night to help her understand that there is a marked difference between night and day. I.E. turning off the lights, talking quietly, and we always do a bath or shower to help her understand. It has worked like magic!

B said...

When we got home my baby, who hadn't made a peep while we were in the hospital, decided he'd cry every time I laid him in his bassinet at night. So of course I let him sleep on my chest. Then I randomly tried something and it worked. For the first few weeks I put the boppy in his bassinet and put him on top of it and it worked like a charm. I think it made him feel snuggly and cozy. After a few weeks, I decided to try a night without the boppy and he's been fine ever since (now he's 7 months and in his crib).

Rachel and John said...

Oh Rachel, he's adorable! I don't have any kids but I was a nanny for a a long time and I found that with new borns it helps to make people NOT hold the baby during the day. Just have some periods that he's on his own, so he's not used to only sleeping in someones arms. That's all the advice I have, I hope it helps!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Congratulations, he's adorable!!

Unknown said...

He is so cute & I love that you have started the sticker photos already!!

He will get the hang of the sleeping thing soon....my only advise is (& I know this is easier said than done) try to not hold him all the time or pick him up every time he cries. He will learn that it is alright to just be, lay or sit by himself :)

Good luck & hang in there it really does get easier!

The Pink Chick said...

I love the new photos! He is so precious!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Awww so precious! Very cute onesie :)

The Pacheco's said...

I am sorry he is not sleeping yet, & it might take a while. He is still trying to get used to this crazy world and being outside your belly. I agree with Mitzi G. with not holding him as much. My husband and I held him all the time and E is just now starting to play alone & stuff. It took forever to ween him of the being held. You might also try swaddling. Eli hadted it at first but after the first month he could not sleep unless he was swaddled. Also try some of the tips on Happiest Baby on the Block (The 5 S's) We found that they worked for us too! Good luck! Baby W is adorable!

LuLu said...

Yay! Congrats Rachel...I know y'all are so excited! He is precious:)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so exciting!! i'm so happy for you! thanks for sharing this journey!

he'll learn his schedule soon. just try to keep him awake during the day as much as possible... i mean, he'll take naps obviously. just try not to let him nap all day.

he is absolutely precious!