Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"It Won't Be Like This For Long"

"It Won't Be Like This For Long"
Darius Rucker

He didn't have to wake up, He'd been up all night
Lying there and listening to his newborn baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee, splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says it's gonna be okay

It won't be like this for long
One day will look back laughing at the week we brought him home
This phase is gonna fly by, so baby just hold on
It won't be like this for long...

I have caught myself thinking of this song and playing it over and over in my head the past few days, and I know that this phase of time with Weston as a newborn will fly by, and he will be a toddler running around before I know it. I am cherishing this time with my baby, and I love him more than I ever imagined. He is a good baby during the day, but he screams at the top of his lungs at night. We let him cry for hours, and he still doesn't stop. We don't hold him during the day, and he sleeps with no problem. It's been a tough few days, because we are so exhausted, but we will cherish this time with our little one, and we are looking to each other for support and encouragement.

It's funny, because at the end of my pregnancy, I felt so unattractive, and I didn't really want to be close to Grant. It wasn't that I didn't love him and want that physical attention, but I just felt like I was huge and uncomfortable, and I didn't desire that. Now that the baby is born, I don't look much better...my belly is still big, and I don't get a shower everyday, but I desire that attention from Grant. I love his kisses and hugs and want to be close to him. I love just laying in his arms in the evening and watching our baby! He is a great father, and I'm so amazed at how wonderful he is doing. I'm so in love with him and that love grows stronger everyday! I can't believe that the two of us made such a perfect little boy...

No matter what we'll get through these sleepless nights, and we'll move on to another and even better phase with our son. And what post is complete without more photos of our little one...



27 comments:

Kiki said...

He is precious. Enjoy this time!

Anonymous said...

Melting my heart momma! Love it! What a cutie! XOXO

The Janacek's said...

Sooo precious!!! I am sure you and Dad are doing a great job!

the davidsons said...

ohhh he's so sweet! What a beautiful little boy!

Sarah said...

PRECIOUS!!!

Desiree said...

What a handsome boy...cute outfit too! Enjoy your baby while he is so little.

-Desiree

Elisabeth said...

bless your & grant's hearts! hope & pray lil man gets his days & nights figured out soon. he is SO precious!!! i just wanna squeeze him...or eat him up with a spoon! =P you know, we really need to meet up sometime...especially now that i can spend time holding that cutie! ;) congrats again!

Anonymous said...

so precious!

LauraAnn said...

He is so precious Rachel!!!!

Shannon said...

That song is my mantra. I have sang it while holding two screaming babies with tears streaming down my face. But its true, we are so blessed to be mothers and there will be a time when we will long for the days when we got to hold and protect our sweet, innocent babies.

Hang in there, you are doing great!

Carry Grace said...

It will go by so fast, so just enjoy each moment. He is such a cutie.

Jane said...

What a great post. You are such a great mom, it shines through in your posts!

Shannon said...

The two huge things that help us at night are swaddling and the white noise machine. We use the swaddleme blankets with both babies and they HATE them at first but after we rock them, they settle down. And then the Homedics Sound Spa creates a white noise (when we use the ocean setting) and its also calming.

The other thing that is helping us with E&J is getting on a schedule. We are using the EASY method but just started using it in the past two weeks. Check it out- its in the book "The Baby Whisperer" and although Weston is probably too young for a full routine now, it will give you some ideas for the weeks to come.

Adrienne said...

I love that song and it is so true for you right now! He is so completely adorable! Hang in there!!

The Pacheco's said...

Ohh I remember when E was that little & yes savor every momment it really does just speed by! I love the monkey outfit! Where is it from? The song is so perfect too! Weston is such a cutie patutie!

autumn said...

I felt exactly the same with my husband. Watching him become a father was the most attractive thing ever. It made the saggy belly and engorged boobs the last thing on my mind and needing to be close and held the very first thing. You will make it through and I swear it only gets better and better. Nolie is starting to smile and have so much personality. I can't wait to see how much Wes comes out of his little newborn haze and is all little sweet boy! You are doing great.

Unknown said...

We have that giraffe outfit too & I love his hat.....so precious!!

We used (& still use) a noise machine we got at babies r us for Brayden; he had really bad colic & the doctor said that the sound of the womb helped calm a colic baby. Here is the link to the one we have & hang in there....he will grow up fast & soon you won't even remember your sleepless nights!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401840

Lyryn said...

OMG, OMG, OMG! How did I miss this! He is perfect! I love him to death! Awe... congrats girl!

The Flores Garden said...

I seriously could have written this blog! I know how you feel- especially those long nights!

Anonymous said...

He is unbelievably perfect!!

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

I lovf that song! You're so right about the newborn stage flying by! I wish they'd stay little a while longer.

Your little one is so cute and that pic of him with the pup is precious!

Annie said...

oh my goodness, melt my heart.
baby weston is just too cute for words!!!
love him!!
enjoy your sweet baby :)
i've got baby fever beyond control ;) hehe

Sweet Simplicity said...

He is SO adorable and sweet. I love the hand embroidered beanie. What does Banks think about him?

Lexilooo said...

I was going to ask how Banks is feeling about Weston, and then I saw that photo of the two of them! So adorable, I love it!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh how precious! I love the pictures! I love that you're getting close to your hubby again.. so sweet. Enjoy these moments :)

MJ said...

Your son is soo cute!!
I just had my first son last tuesday the 26th, and found myself holding some tears back as i read your post!!! it's just amazing how life changes once you hear that first cry!!
wish you guys the best!

Suz said...

Just came across your blog from Simple yet Classic! Congrats on your sweet baby boy! He is precious!!!