...until I go back to work, and I'm SO sad! I don't even know where to begin, but it's all I can think about today. I just look at him and almost burst into tears, because I want to stay home with him everyday, and I don't want to leave him. I want to spend my days with him, but it's not an option for us right now. Hopefully at some point, it will be, but not right now.
I go back to work next Thursday and Friday for half-days, and I am off on Monday, because he gets his two-month shots. I can't believe that he'll be eight weeks old next week...where did the time go? It has flown by already!
Today...I have lots to do. We have company coming for the whole weekend, and we are going to Greenville, SC on Sunday, so Weston can meet his great-grandparents. I need to straighten up around the house and go to the grocery store in preparation for our weekend guests, but I don't want to do any of it, and I haven't moved from the couch since we woke up this morning. We played together this morning after he woke up, and he is now napping in my arms. I can't put him down. I'm just dreading it, and I know that I'm going to be even more sad next week.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but it might be a few days until I can post again!
Hello world!
2 years ago
11 comments:
That went by so quickly. Here in Canada you get a year off for Mat Leave and I think it should be like that everywhere! Enjoy your company this weekend!!
Aww, bummer! What are you going to do with him when you go back to work? I'm hoping when we have kids that both my mom & AJ's mom will be able to rotate watching him/her so we don't have to pay for daycare, but I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming!
That totally stinks! I can't believe it's already time for you to go back to work. I hope you have a great weekend with your family and enjoy your last few days with Weston!
I have you have a good weekend and that your transition back to work is easy!
woops I hope* you have
It goes by fast and it's hard at first, but once you get into the routine of it it's not that bad. Plus weekends and nights are that much more fun.
I've been back at work for 2 weeks and its still hard but its manageable. Once you find ways to get through the day and get in a routine, it works. Plus, the moment you get to see Weston at the end of the day is going to be something to look forward to all day!
awww i'm sorry! i hope the work days go by so quickly so you can be home with your lil fam before you know it :) hope ya'll are doing great!
Yes, I agree, the time just went by so fast! I hope you are able to adjust well. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Aw, I'm so sorry you're feeling sad about the seperation and going back to work. It will get easier. My sister went through the same thing.
Have fun with your company this weekend!
thinking about you. how did your first week go? i remember mine all too well. i'm sorry. :-(
Post a Comment