Tuesday, August 18, 2009

17 Week Appointment & Nice Comment

I had my 17 Week Appointment with my doctor today, and it went really well. I really enjoy the doctor's appointments, because I get verification that I'm doing well. My blood pressure was 109/63, so that was great. I've gained 6 lbs., and he said that was perfect. He said that I was right on track and doing great!

The nurse checked for Weston's heartbeat, and she found it right away. His heartbeat was 150 bpm. It was SO sweet! I love hearing his heart beating and knowing that he is okay. I'm SO excited about him being here, and I get more excited daily.

I have an ultrasound only appointment on Monday, August 31st, and I have the next appointment with the doctor on Tuesday, September 15th. I'm having my first shower on Sunday, November 8th. I can't wait! I'll be almost 28 weeks at that time! I'm excited about the shower.

Also, I went to the gym yesterday, and a friend of mine was asking how I was feeling and how the baby was and a random girl next to me turned towards me, looked at me and her mouth dropped open. She said, "What? You are pregnant!" And I said, "Yes", I am. She said, "WOW! You are so tiny! You don't look 17 weeks pregnant." It was so nice, and it was great to hear someone say that, because I'm feeling huge though I know that I'm not. :)

I'm enjoying going to the gym, and I'm making it pretty much every other day. I'm enjoying it! I hate to not be at the gym! Anyways, work has been really busy and life has been busy, so my posting has been pretty intermittent. I'll work on that and be back more often. :)

11 comments:

La Petite Chic said...

So glad to hear that you and baby Weston are doing well! We'll finally be able to hear the heartbeat at our next appointment and I'm so excited! We could only see it on the ultrasound the last time because it was still so early. And good for you for getting to the gym! I'm finally feeling good enough to get back to exercising.

Candace said...

Congrats on your baby boy. You are 4 weeks ahead of me. I cant wait to find out what we're having!

Unknown said...

Good for you staying in the gym....I did too until about week 30 then I gave up on it & I wish I hadn't!! Happy to hear that your appointment went well!!

The Pink Chick said...

I am so glad to hear things are going so well!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

I bet that was the best feeling to have someone be surprised that you are pregnant! Especially 17 weeks!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Nothing better than a compliment like that! I bet you look great!

Cat said...

So great to hear all is well! Congrats on another great appointment and another super nice comment from a stranger:)

Just Dandy Blog said...

I cant believe you are 17 weeeks!!!!
That is so crazzzzy!!! Congrats!!!!
send me a e-mail at dndowning@gmail.com and your comment and I will give you a "special rate" just because you are one of my fav's!!!! :)

LauraAnn said...

Wow! I can't believe that you are already 17 weeks along! Time definitely flies! I am glad to hear that your doctor's appointment went well....I am sure that is always a huge relief!

Anonymous said...

So glad you and the baby are doing well!

Nicole-Lynn said...

So glad to hear that all is going well!