Thursday, August 6, 2009

I've finally made a decision...

So, it's been awhile, but I've decided to make my way back and make a decision. I've been going back and forth for weeks about whether or not I should go private after I found out that someone that I'm not close with told some of my close friends that I was pregnant before I could, because she read my blog and thought it was her "place" to tell people. After discussion with many different bloggers and non-bloggers, I made a decision...I'm not going private!

I finally decided that I want people to find me...I want people that I don't know to start reading my blog, because they found me through someone's blog and not be turned away, because when they click on the link, it's private. So, that being said, I'm going to continue posting as normal, but I'm not going to post about anything that's a "secret" unless I've already told everyone that I want to that doesn't read my blog.

I don't think I have any major secrets like that and likely won't for awhile, so I think that I'm safe from wanting to tell everyone something, but not wanting the secret to be spoiled! :)

I was amazed at the outpouring of people who wanted to be added as readers of my blog if I decided to go private. I appreciate all of you support, and I'm so glad that I have so many people who read my blog! Now, you guys just have to comment more often! :)

Thanks everyone, and I'll be posting again more often!

11 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Good to hear. I agree that being a part of the blogging community can be hurt by going private.

I also agree that everyone has to remember that what you put on your blog is public knowledge, on the internet for anyone to read and share as they please.

La Petite Chic said...

Yay, I'm happy you'll be sticking around as a "public" blogger! I love that we get to share our pregnancy journey together...but am so glad you're going first so I know what to expect! Hee hee :)

Lexilooo said...

good! I've been enjoying your blog and will be happy to keep reading :)

Sweet CuddleCakes said...

AWw, congratulations! And thanls for not letting someone take away your love of blogging publicly!

JennyLee said...

Yay!

Cat said...

I have to agree... YAY!!!! Looking forward to the updates! Hope all is well and you're feeling great:)

Anonymous said...

yay! glad to hear you're not going private! and you're right- there's been blogs I want to read because I see people twittering with the blog author and they sound cool, so I go to check out the blog and it's private! i totally understand going private (I've moved 3 blogs- I know right?- because of issues with my blog), but there's always a huge downside of doing so as well.

looking forward to reading more :)

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand your frustration of not being able to tell some of the people closest to you about your pregnancy the way you wanted.

On the other hand though, since you had talked about it here and since you're "out there" with your blog identity (using your real name, posting pictures etc.) I just figured you had already told friends and family.

Maybe that "friend" assumed the same thing - that since you were basically making it public knowledge, that those closest to you already knew.

Rachel H. said...

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Juliennejiggs - Luckily, my blog is something that none of my friends or family know that I do. So, yeah, if they looked hard enough, they could probably find me, but I don't advertise it. And I put in the post that I hadn't told everyone yet, so I figured that would make it knowledge that I didn't want everyone to know yet. As well as, commented later on that I couldn't decide if I wanted to go ahead and tell everyone or wait. So, I figured it was pretty obvious that I hadn't told all of my friends and family.

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Nicole-Lynn said...

yey :)