One of Grant's friends decided a few weeks ago to propose to his girlfriend, so he called everyone and told them what was going on and asked them to come over on Saturday night. The girlfriend was planning a surprise birthday party for him, because his birthday was on Friday, so she thought it was a big surprise party for him. They walked in the door, and everyone yelled "Surprise"! Then he started talking and telling her how much he loved her (this is where I started crying), then he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. It was TOO sweet. She was crying, and it was a very emotional moment. She said "Yes!", and we had a great night hanging out with friends. We stayed out way too late though, so it was midnight before we got back home. And we had two other couples, one with a baby, staying at our house, so we had to get everything ready for them.
We finally made it to bed, and we woke up the next morning and headed to Waffle House for breakfast. After breakfast, we ran around town with our friends, Amanda and Max. Then Max headed back home, and Amanda stayed. She works from home, but the company she works with is here, so she was staying to teach some classes this week. We hung out all afternoon, then we went to eat with some girlfriends of ours. We had a great time, but I wasn't able to get in any of my regular naps, so it was a long weekend. We went to bed at ten last night, but when you wake up at 5:45 AM, it just wasn't early enough. I might just crawl up under my desk and take a quick nap! :)
Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
13 comments:
How fun!!
(Your blog is so cute! I love the design along the sides.)
Fun weekend. What an adorable proposal! I can't wait for mine! :)
What a fun proposal!!
sounds like you had a great wknd :)
Very sweet proposal. I hope you get some rest tonight! ;)
Awe, what a sweet proposal!!
What a sweet idea your friend had to propose to his girlfriend! That is just one of the nicest stories!
Hooray and congrats to your friend!
I looooove Waffle House! The first time I ever went to one, I was visiting an ex in NC and we stopped on the way back from the airport. I saw a waiter carrying a tray full of food and there were a few bowls filled with something...so I asked him what it was, and he looked at me strangely.."those are grits..." he said. I replied with "ohhhh I need to try them!" I had never had them before! My (then) boy said to him "she's from NH, don't mind her," and the waiter nodded understandingly :)
What an eventful weekend. I'm tired after just reading!!! Hope you rest up!!
What a sweet story!
What a fun weekend. I love event filled weekends but they can be exhausting. I hope you got to bed early!
Thank you for telling me........haha :D :D
Thanks for the blog welcome! Congrats on expecting! Are you going to find out if it is a boy or a girl? Don't worry - you can feed your DC addition again after January!
Post a Comment