Here is a summary of events leading up to now...In September 2008, I went off Birth Control to see how my body would react since I had been on BC for so long. My body didn't ovulate on it's own, and I was diagnosed with PCOS in January. I was upset, and I feared that I would never have a child. In March, I switched birth control to a new type, because my insurance no longer covered the type that I was previously taking, so I started back on BC, and we decided that I would just stay on it to regulate me until we were ready to start trying to have children...approximately six months to a year after we were married was the timeline.
So, we got married, and we went on the most fabulous honeymoon ever! We ate, drank and had lots of "fun". I never thought anything about it, and I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would come home and be pregnant. So, I was home for about a week, and I had to travel to Mississippi on Monday, May 18th. The entire way I was feeling a little funny (extremely sore bb's), and I was exhausted. I wasn't late yet, but me being a worrier decided to pick-up a pregnancy test at the store anyways. So, I did, and I took the test around 8:00 PM totally anticipating it to be negative. Much to my surprise, it was positive...Here is what I saw:
I don't know exactly how it happened...I just know that this is our little miracle, and I thank God for blessing us with this opportunity to be parents. I'm so excited about our future, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store for us.
We went to our first doctor's appointment last Thursday, and we got to see our little baby, and we got to hear it's heartbeat. It's heart was beating a strong 140 bpm. I can't believe it, and I can't believe that I got pregnant on our honeymoon! It's unbelievable, but I have to believe that it's God's plan for us. :) And I'm excited that he trusts us to care for this little one.
20 comments:
Congratulations!! I completely understand that you had the shocked/upset feeling, but it does sound like a littl miracle baby, and how relieving to know that you don't have to go through 'trying' to get pregnant. So exciting for you guys! Can't wait to follow you on this journey!
OMG that is so awesome! You are right about not seeing that in your about me section. I read through it the other day and totally missed it. Congratulations!! What an amazing miracle:)
oh! so exciting!! and just think - just a few months ago you were worried about never getting pg. congratulations to you & grant, and best wishes for a good, long (in a good way! ha), safe pregnancy. =)
Congratulations! I did catch that little tid bit in the About Me section. Haha. I had a feeling it would be the next post!
I look forward to reading about all of this as yo ugo along. So exciting!
congrats girl!!! i think i would be like you... except more upset - when i first found out cause i don't want to have children for probably 5 years - but once it happens i know the thought of all the adorable baby clothes and having our own family would win me over :-)
That is so great! I know how worried you were about being able to have kids so this is such a blessing. God's little reminder that he gives us the desires of our heart!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Oh my goodness, that's so exciting! Congrats! You're absolutely right... God has a plan and He was ready for you two to become parents to this little one. I am so excited and can't wait to hear more about it over the coming months.
wow! God definately had other things in mind didn't he?? i encourage you to really enjoy and embrace your pregnancy--so many woman (myself included) just want it to be 'over with'--and you will get to that point in the end, but sometimes i wish i would have enjoyed it more. my circumstances were a bit different-being a single mom and not having a husband to share some of those special moments with, but it is an amazing experience. i am praying for you and grant, and your baby. congrats!
Congratulations, Rachel! So excited for you guys, and even though it wasn't planned, I believe there are always "bigger plans" behind these things. I'm sure you guys will be wonderful parents, and I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly. Keep us updated! ;)
Just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award on my latest post!
That is fantastic! Congratulations!!
Congrats!! What a fantastic story to tell your baby later in life too! :) So happy for you guys!
Oh my goodness... Congratulations! How exciting. You're going to be such a sweet mommy and I'm so excited to follow your journey to motherhood.
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! It's funny how God plans things! :-)
Holy crap, hon, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you :) I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy and see belly shots!
HOLY SH$@!
yay! yay! yay!!
mm's due date was january 24th...so i can think back about this time last year and know exactly what you're going through right now. :-)
congratulations and god bless!
Wow! I just read your good news! Congratulations! This is so exciting! I am so happy for you!
Congratulations. That is truly a blessing from God.
I'm just now seeing this... so congratulations!!! Now, I need to go and look at your wedding pictures! :)
Post a Comment