Anyways, I tried to find his heartbeat for the first time around 15 weeks, and I couldn't find it. I didn't get discouraged, but I put it away, and I decided that I wouldn't listen again for a few weeks, because it was just an at home Doppler and not nearly as strong as the one at the doctor's office. We went to the beach this weekend with my family, and since my mom does ultrasounds, I had her try to find it again. She found it right away, and she was able to hear it and my dad and I were able to hear it. It was such a sweet sound.
I listened to it again on Monday night when we got home and again last night...I'm not able to hear his heartbeat in almost the same location every single time, and I can find it right away! It's awesome, and I love the swishing sound of his heartbeat. It makes me so happy, and I know that he is okay, and I just love it!! I'm so glad that I was able to borrow it, even though I'm confident that I would've been just fine without, it's a pretty neat thing, and I really enjoy checking up on my growing little one.
On another note, I was putting Banks in his kennel in the backyard yesterday morning, and I picked up his bone to bring with him into his crate, and I suddenly felt like something was pinching the palm of my hand. I looked down, and I had an ant biting the palm of my hand. He ended up biting me two times, and I can't stop itching today. Has anyone ever been bit by an ant on the palm of your hand? What a strange place?!
9 comments:
What a strange place for an ant bite! It's probably as horrible as when they bite you between the toes.
O no! That is really sad! Well, I'll try to contain my excitement...
That's pretty neat about the doppler, but I know I would drive myself crazy with it and freak myself out! haha
I've never thought about having a home Doppler to hear the babies heartbeat. That's a great idea. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
The palm of the hand? Ouch!
ants in your hand? ouch!
That is so neat! I had no idea a home version even existed!
PS. I just noticed on your info section that the baby is coming on/around Jan 26...my birthday is the 24th, so I hope he'll arrive that day...it's a good day to be born :)
I have never heard of a doppler. That is really neat! How was the beach?
Aw so neat!
I never knew you could buy a doppler, neat. Now whenever you are having a down day all your have to do is listen to the baby's heartbeat and things will turn around!
Post a Comment