Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thurdsay

Photobucket

So, I have been seeing "Thankful Thursdays" on quite a few blogs in the past few months, and I felt lead to start doing this each Thursday, if I remember. It's so easy to take the things that you have for granted and to not say "Thank You" or be grateful often enough, and I know that I've been reading some blogs of people who are having some tough times right now...people who have lost a child or a loved one, and it breaks my heart. It really makes me realize how lucky I am and how I should take a few moments everyday to be thankful and say a little prayer for all the things that I've been blessed with...I took the button above from Life After I "Dew", so go on over and check out her blog and things that she is thankful for this Thursday!

Anyways, today I am thankful for...
  • Baby Weston - A successful doctor's appointment on Monday and a normal, healthy baby boy growing in my belly!
  • Mr. Harvey - He is so supportive of me and everything that I want to do, i.e. my goals, aspirations, etc. He is so loving right now when I'm feeling like I'm gaining weight and not feeling that attractive. And he wakes up with me in the night when I'm not feeling good, can't get comfortable or just can't sleep, because he doesn't want me to feel bad alone. He's the most amazing husband that I could ever ask for!
  • The Beach - I'm feeling so grateful that we get to take tomorrow off work and head down to the beach for Labor Day weekend. And we get to spend the weekend "dog-free", so we'll have a nice weekend of sleeping in a little bit late and enjoying one another.
  • The Weather - It's gorgeous outside, and it's been so nice to be able to take the dog on a comfortable 2-mile walk around the neighborhood.
  • My Parents, especially my Mom - They are awesome, and they are going to love their grandson so much! My mom has already been to two consignment sales and bought bags and bags of clothes. And she is making cookies to bring to the beach this weekend, and I'm so excited about them! :)
I could go on and on with various things that I'm thankful for...my job, our house, etc., but I'll stop for now, and I'll post more things that I'm thankful for next Thursday. I may not be posting tomorrow, because I'll be out of the office and traveling to Jekyll. If not, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Holiday Weekend.

9 comments:

Jane said...

Great post -- we all have so many things to be thankful for that we tend to overlook! Sounds like everything couldn't be better!

Jen's Farmily said...

I think Thankful Thursdays is a great idea, I do them every once in a while... you're right, sometimes you stop to remember what you're thankful for!!

Mr. Harvey sounds fabulous!

Lyryn said...

I find myself taking the things I’m thankful for my life for granted too. Your list is perfect! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Sweet Simplicity said...

This is a great post! I love the idea of it!

Annie said...

what a cute blog you have!!

you have so many wonderful things to be thankful for. love your list!

Anonymous said...

aww cute post! and it's soooo cute he gets up with you in the middle of the night to be supportive :)

Anonymous said...

What a great hubby you have -- waking up with you! Enjoy your weekend and those cookies!

Red Lipstick said...

So nice to see. I am trying to be more thankful as of late as well. I just think it is important to take stock of my many blessings. Great blog!

Kiki said...

Sounds like you have so much to be thankful for...way to stay grounded!