I'm frustrated, because I didn't anticipate that I would need to go buy new clothes this soon. I'm going to go and try to buy some jeans in a size larger than I currently wear, so that hopefully, I can wear those after the baby, and they'll fit until I lose the weight. So, looks like I'll be enjoying my weekend trying to find a few new items to hold me over until I really need to start wearing maternity clothes. I wish that I could just stay small for longer and then just get big overnight, so I'm not at that funny in-between stage. I'm sure people are starting to think I'm gaining that "newlywed" weight, because I'm definitely looking a little bigger in my stomach, mostly bloat, I would guess, but I don't look the same. People will be shocked when they find out that it's not just weight gain from being happily married but weight gain from a baby! :)
9 comments:
they have those things you can get to wear around your waist, over your jeans, so that you can keep your jeans unbuttoned. i would consider just purchasing something like that.
You are probably losing and gaining at the same time. I know it sounds crazy but you are getting bigger/gaining weight from the baby developing inside you. At the same time your body is supplying food and nutrients to not only you but also a baby so it is working harder and losing weight. Does that make sense?!?
My coworker bought the band that goes over the jeans that Kristinblakely is talking about. My coworker loved it! Good luck!
I know several people that used a bella band for that in between stage. I think they sell them at baby stores and a knockoff at Target.
Try the Bella Band, that should give you a little extra room to work with, and it's most likely just bloat. It will come and go. I was able to squeeze into some of my regular jeans up unitl about 24-25 weeks! It just depends on bloat, and how you are carrying the baby.
Oh the good ol'bloat!! I used & loved my Target brand bella band......saved a ton of money using it!!
I am no expert on being preggers, but what the other ladies say sounds right. And although I've never met you in person, you look pretty petite, so I'm sure any growth at all shows pretty fast! No worries - you are right where you should be ;)
oh, i remember those days! i used something called a belly band. it was fabulous for the first 20 weeks. http://www.expectingcomfort.com/belly-band.html?gclid=CLrC8_zft5sCFQUhnAodG38aAA
i didn't wear maternity clothes 'til 22 weeks--i had gained 11lbs by then. but then again, i'm a "bigger gal" and could hide the weight, whereas you being so small to start with you'll pop sooner. :-)
some girls use a pony tail holder through the button hole too, but i swear by the belly band. :-)
Oh yes I remember this awkward in between stage, I didn't want anything tight touching my belly it was a super weird feeling.
I would just buy a few cute loose fitting summer dresses for now :)
Post a Comment