Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nesting

I want to know when you begin "nesting"...All of the pregnant women I know have said that they started nesting during some point of their pregnancy. Cleaning, organizing, cleaning out, etc....And I was wondering when does this start to occur? I'm certain that I haven't reached that point yet. :) I am getting all my usual cleaning done, but I am not really excited or anxious to do it. I need to do an entire pile of ironing, but I don't have hte motivation to do so. So, if anyone of you knows...when can I expect to start wanting to organize the closet and clean things out? I need to start doing it soon, because I've got a long way to go with organizing my closets and cleaning, etc.

I'm feeling better today, and Weston is moving around a lot in my belly the past two days! It's so much fun to feel him kick and move. The nurse said that before long that it'll start to get annoying. Maybe so, but I can't imagine it getting annoying. I just love knowing that he is in their doing well and growing strong and healthy!

13 comments:

Carry Grace said...

I'm sure it varies from person to person, but I think nesting usually occurs a few days before you go into labor.

I love feeling the kicking too, I wasn't "annoyed" but our little guy woke me up at 3:30 am kicking hard and wouldn't stop. I think I would enjoy it more at better time during the day.

Crunkface. said...

i have a mild case of nesting. and if by mild you mean steam cleaning the entire downstairs carpet in my house, then it is mild for sure!

Candace said...

I dont know if I'll ever nest per say... right now its just redecorating!

Kayla said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

No another note, I usually talk to Jesse about the problem first and then call my dad anyway just to tell him about what's going on and to get his input... lol then it doesn't seem like I don't trust what Jesse says, it's more about just filling my dad in :-)

Kiki said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today. I know it is so hard to have peace right now so I am praying that you will be able to rest in all of it!

The Pacheco's said...

You will know when you are nesting. It is different for everyone. If you nest it usually happens in the 3rd tri and believe me you will know. I am glad you are feeling better and believe me feeling your little guy move in there will NEVER get old, might start to be painful eventually but not annoying at all. :)

autumn said...

Nesting TOTALLY snuck up on me. I thought I was just being my normal, clean, self. Then I realized it isn't normal to be soaking your shower head in antibacterial.... I am 29 weeks and this started last week or so. But I didn't notice it until recently! So glad you are feeling better. I am not annoyed by the kicking yet, I love knowing my little one is grow-grow-growing in there!

JennyLee said...

I'm sure it's different for every woman. So glad you are feeling better!

Jane said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! How fun that you are feeling him move! He'll be here soon!!

Unknown said...

I don't think there is really a set time when it starts...I did it my whole pregnancy but then again I am a control & neat freak & kept rearranging everything 2 & 3 times!! It will happen & if it doesn't you will just get it done with you have the time or energy...just enjoy your baby boy kicking & moving!!

Trac~ said...

I NEVER got annoyed at feeling my baby girl kicking me - as a matter of fact, one of my favorite times of the day was at night when I would lay down in the bed (or floor as the case was most nights) and she would begin all of her tumbling and stretching - my tummy looked like an alien coming out of it and I loved every minute of it! HA! Congrats on the bundle of joy and I can't wait to see Weston's arrival! Big hugs! :o)

LauraAnn said...

Holy crap! Now I am really nervous! My husband keeps teasing me and tells me that I am nesting and we aren't even pregnant! Granted I think it is a different form of nesting, obviously. Lol

startsinmynose said...

i think when a woman is pregnant, we nest automatically....but the TRUE nesting usually occurs about a week before you go into labor....trust me-youll know. i think we nest thru out our pregnancy-but we hard core nest right before our bundles of joy enter this world..... :) and in response to your ultrasound-the eif's usually go away by the 3rd trimester in normal healthy pregnancy's- which yours seems to be :). so try not too stress too much. again, easier said than done, but i sense that little weston is just showing mom and dad what a bright little star he is going to be. at any rate, im praying for you...