Here are the remainder of the responses to the questions that were asked...Enjoy!
How tall are you? I'm 5 feet tall and I'm thinking it's going to be tough (uncomfortable!) carrying a baby with my super short torso! Was this an issue for you at all?
I'm only 5 feet tall, as well, and I too have a short torso. It wasn't an issue for me carrying Weston. I didn't have any additional issues aside from the normal pregnancy problems, such as, sore hips and back, etc. I feel like his growth was restricted a little bit, because I'm so small, and he has grown so quickly since he's been an outside baby, but it wasn't a problem for me or didn't cause me any discomfort.
What is your job and do you have any tips for staying focused on your work during the work day while you leave your baby with someone else?
I am a Project Manager for Software Development, so I develop project timelines and write documentation, as well as, manage a project team and management expectations. My tips for staying focused are as follows:
1.) Bring pictures of your little one to the office, so you can take a few moments during the day and just look at them and smile wondering what he is doing and if he is having a good time at daycare.
2.) Enjoy what you do...enjoying your job and the adult interaction has made the transition go very smoothly for us.
3.) Know your daycare provider...as I mentioned before, we love our daycare provider, and she is so open, upfront and honest with us. I always trust that Weston is in good hands, and I never worry about what he is doing. I can text her or email her throughout the day, if necessary.
4.) Find a daycare that's close to where you work...this has been great for me, because on days when it's tough, I'm able to go over and play during lunch, and it's fun for both of us!
5.) Most importantly, be confident in your decision to go back to work, as well as, confident in yourself as a whole. Know that you made a decision that will benefit you all and don't second guess yourself.
Do you find it challenging to have time with your husband after having a baby? What fun things do you do for each other to keep the romance alive?
Actually, no...we had committed to going on dates at least once a month prior to Weston's birth, and we actually go more often than that, and it's fun. We can reconnect and have adult conversation, as well as, let Gram & Gramps (my parents) play with Weston. He has stayed overnight at their house probably 5 nights now, and it's great. They only live 20 minutes away, so if they need me I can be there pretty quickly. So, we go to dinner, have been to the movies and just talk together. It's been fun and so rewarding and built our relationship even stronger! We also eat dinner, at the table, together every night, even if it's after Weston is in bed. And we also try to spend at least 5-10 minutes just sitting down and talking in the evenings about our days, things that we need to do, etc. It's rewarding, and it's made our relationship so much stronger!
And I think I have more questions, but for some reason, I can only see three questions showing up right now in my comment section for the post. I'll check back and update this post later!
Hello world!
2 years ago
5 comments:
Thanks for answering my q.! So good to hear!
Ack! Finally another 5 footer!! When I was prego with Macy, she didn't have anywhere to go so my ribs spred wider instead of my hips. Haha.
great questions and answers! xoxo
I'll answer #1, too...I think I am actually a little tinier than you, and I carried two of them without any real problems (save for an uncooperative cervix!). No swelling or aches and pains and they were both big, healthy babies!
I love reading your blog. I have a one month old, so it's fun to see what is in store for us next! I'm 5'2" and my little guy has grown a lot since becoming an "outside baby" as well. I just look at him and think "How was he in my belly???"
You guys are too cute!!
Post a Comment