Edit: Just an update to my comments below...Grant is going away for one of his best friends Bachelor parties next weekend to Charleston, and he leaves early on Friday, and he won't be home until Sunday afternoon. So, I'm hoping that a weekend away with his "guys" will cheer him up! :)
It's been a busy few weeks in the Harvey household, and it's really caused some tension lately. I feel like we've been running from one place to the other nonstop for the past two weeks, so it's been pretty stressful, and I don't see the situation improving much until after the end of June.
Ultimately, the stress hasn't gotten to me much, because I'm so Type A that I've been very organized and gotten everything completed with little to no issues; however, it really seems to be affecting Grant. He is constantly aggravated at the dog, quick to anger and just moody. I asked him last night what was going on, and he said that he thought that once I finished my MBA (last Wednesday) that things would calm down for us, and we wouldn't be so busy. He thought we would have more time in the evenings, and he would have more time to do things. Unfortunately, he feels like we've become more busy since I finished.
I can't wave a magic wand and grant us more time to do the things that we want, but I am trying to encourage G to embrace our hectic schedules and know that we'll always be more busy now, but if we work together, we can make it through. It's frustrating, because he takes out his stress on me sometimes. I try not to let it get to me, because I know how he is feeling, but sometimes it's tough. I know that together will make it through these next few months where we've got something going on every single weekend and often times during the week, as well. I hate to wish away the time, but I'm SO ready for the end of June!
Hello world!
2 years ago
3 comments:
So sorry that you are feeling stressed.Do you think maybe Grant could skip out on a weekend and have time to himself. Maybe he needs a little breather. I really encourage my hubby to do something on his own every once in a while since Men do deal with situations differently.
I hate that the stress is getting to him like that; maybe skipping a few of the planned things that are skipable (is that a word) would be a good thing. Maybe all he needs is a weekend at home with his beautiful family to get refreshed & relaxed.
Actually, when I was reading this I thought it could be a post on my blog........
Oh bummer.. some months feel like that. I can relate! Hoping it gets easier for you both.
Post a Comment