Upon telling one of my friends yesterday, her response was, "Yes, I had heard that you were pregnant, but I wasn't sure." And I asked her how she heard that, and she said that someone told her that reads my blog. Unbelievable...she mentioned the person's name, so I know who it is, and the crazy thing about it is...I am not even really friends with this person. I would talk with her, and we were in the same sorority, but we aren't really good friends, and I would never call her and tell her the news. I figured that there might be one or two people that I know that read my blog, but I truly thought that these people had enough value and character to not go behind my back and tell a really close friend that I'm pregnant, when I really wanted her to hear it come from me.
It's funny, because I have another friend who does read my blog, and she sent me a Facebook message telling me that she read it, and she saw that I was pregnant. She congratulated me, and she said how excited she was for me, but she knew that I probably wasn't telling anyone yet, so she would keep it quiet. And she kept her word, and I really appreciate that. She didn't go telling some of my other friends that she talks to regularly. She kept it to herself, because she is my friend, and she values our friendship and trust, and I appreciate that!
To me it's kind of like gossip...people hear someone is pregnant or something is going on in their lives, and they immediately, call someone up and say, I heard ___, is it true? What do you think? Anyways, I'm just extremely hurt that someone that I'm not close to would go and tell someone that I am close to when I was waiting to tell my close friends and family, so I could tell them in person. This is my life...why in the world would someone read my blog and feel like it was ok to go around talking about me and trying to find out if it's true...I have one question, "Why do you even care?"
So, on that note...I won't be writing in my blog until I go private or find a new solution. Do I create an entirely new blog account or will they find me there too? I'm thinking about it, so if you have any suggestions for this situation, please let me know. In the meantime, if you want to be able to view my blog once I go private, please send me your email address. I apologize for the inconvenience. I really don't want to do this, as I really like people being able to come and see my blog and meet new people that way. But right now, I just don't see that I have a choice.
36 comments:
I'm sorry this happened Rachel. I've never dealt with this situation, but if you do go private, please let me know. My email is oconnell.kari@gmail.com. I love your blog and would be sad to lose it.
I am so sorry this happened. I know how it feels to have to go private to protect yourself. I now have a public and private blog. It just seems unfair to have to do that though.
However, if you do decide to go completely private, my e-mail is boo.mama@hotmail.com.
I can't wait to follow Baby Harvey and find out if it is a boy or girl!
awww i'm sorry! i have definitely had some moments where i wanted to completely change my blog address or go private bc seeeveral people i know in real life read my blog now, and sometimes it makes me feel like i can't talk freely anymore! i'm still considering, so i'll have to see what solution you come up with! definitely want to keep reading though! :-) ashleyrouton@gmail.com
I'm so sorry. People can be so disappointing. I would like to continue reading after you go priavate! My email is jennylee.gentry@gmail.com
I am so sorry this happened. I would still love to be able to read your blog if you go private. I enjoy being able to keep in touch with you. My e-mail is jenniferlt@hotmail.com.
People can be so annoying sometimes. Obviously this is YOUR news, and YOU should be the one sharing it, not others.
If you go private or move, please let me know. melanie0513 [at] gmail [dot] com
Ugh! I am devistated for you! I can't imagine how it would feel to have someone tell my besties such private news. I am so sorry that happened. Would love to follow you pamela {dot} eaton {at} gmail {dot} com
I just recently found your blog and would love to keep reading! I can imagine how upset you are, as I would be too, if it were me! Most people in my "real life" don't know about my blog. I've contemplated telling a select few, but so far, I am mostly private about it, for various reasons!
Hate that for ya, girl!! But you know I'd love to keep reading. =) elisabethstephens@hotmail.com
Sorry that happened I know that is frustrating for you! If you go private I want to still keep up with you and the new addition!!
I am so sorry that someone has done that to you; I can't understand why people sometimes do the things they do. I hope that you still enjoyed your day & if you do happen to go private I would love to continue to read it.....my email address is lance.mitzig@yahoo.com.
Try to have a wonderful Monday & don't lets others ruin what is a very special time in your life!!
what a shame! i'd like to keep reading too, even though i don't have my own blog (yet). my email is laura.toomey@gmail.com.
I'm sorry, that is disappointing. But I'd like to keep reading too!
happyforthismoment@gmail.com
How frustrating!! I will send you an e-mail with my personal e-mail address that I use to log into blogs with. (And with those pics that I promised!)
i'm sorry. it's one of the reasons i created my own webpage instead of xanga. and i know a lot of people in real life read it--it's amazing how many people "delurk"...i try to write it as if i'm talking to my mom--if i would tell her then i write it (makes it a lot less juicy, but then again i know i won't get in trouble with work or something if they found it).
this blogworld is very crazy and it's amazing how many people do the things you just wrote about.
please keep me updated on the new page. my email is twougaalums@bellsouth.net
That is so sad! I hate caddy girls! Why do they do that to us! Best of luck and if you go private... add me to your list :) dndowning@gmail.com
Aww...Rachel. I'm so sorry that this has happened. I completely understand wanting to go private.
But I love your blog. So I would love to keep reading your blog throughout the pregnancy. My email address is strickland(dot)heather7(at)gmail(dot)come
I'm new to your blog too, and I would love to keep reading it!
So sorry to hear the news, but I would love to keep reading your blog! Please add me to your list: aczyz@utk.edu.
I just got caught up on your blog and I'm so glad I did!!! I can't believe you're pregnant!! YAYAYYAY!!!!
I would love to read your blog once you go private. You can email me at mycupoverflows08@gmail.com
I'm so sorry that happened! If you do go private I'd love to keep reading. ash6813@gmail.com
I found Coconut M&Ms at the Rite Aid on the eastside. They were near the cash register. I also found them at the B.P. station on Milledge Avenue near the bypass. That B.P. is across the road from Son's of Italy.
That really stinks! I'm a new reader, but I'd love to included if you go private. My email is: princessfreckle@gmail.com
for some reason some people always find the need to rain on others parade..... :/ sucks doesnt it.... keep me in the loop, i want to remain in the know....
tbanda@new.rr.com
you know where to find me :)
I would like to continue to follow your blog... please let me know what you decide. sheilad (at) rocketmail (dot) com.
That really stinks! I'm sorry that you had to deal with this!
If you do decide to go private I would love to continue to follow! My email is lthomas927@yahoo.com
Let me know if you're going private! You've got my e-mail address!
That's really too bad that you have to go through that. I remember people like that back in the day, in high school..... Some people never grow out of it. Anyway, I just happened to stop by your blog and I think it is so cute! I would love to keep following you, so if you would not mind my e-mail is kaylajcrane@gmail.com
Hope things look up for you!
so sorry that happened! if you do go private, i'd love to keep up with you. my email is cat.m.julian@gmail.com.
Oh no! If you go private, let me know jillchale@yahoo.com
hello there! i have questions for you! :-D there is a possibility that i could go to work for the same company as my husband and i wanted to talk to you about advantages/disadv. you may have experienced.. shoot me an email ashleyrouton@gmail.com
Oh how annoying! I'm so sorry! I would love to still follow you so if you do go private please send me an invite :)
@
Seasidesmitten@aol.com
I'm so sorry that happened! That stinks- one only gets such wonderful news to share a small handful of times in a life. Please send me an invite at pinkcrocodiledesigns@ hotmail . com
Oh my. what a sucky situation. I had a IRL person find my blog and ended up having to move blogs (formerly EmmaElizabeth). But I think you gotta do what you feel is best. If you move or go private- I definitely hope to keep reading! I love your blog! (and I know I dont comment much, but I'm usually at work while reading blogs and dont tend to comment while at work). Let us know where you go :)
ap5719@gmail.com
Heres my email! I am sooo sorry this happended! katelynjohns@gmail.com
rara855@comcast.net
so sorry this happened. I love reading. Hope I get to continue. Found you via. Mrs Reagans blog. I'm her MOH!
Post a Comment