Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Girls

As I was looking at photos today to print some out for our office, I came across photos from the Bridesmaid Luncheon, and I realized that these are the most important women in my life, so I wanted to post a photo of the women at the Luncheon, as well as, tell a little bit about each one and how we met. :)
From top left to bottom right: Laurie, Abby, Natalie, Rachel, Amanda, ME and Amanda

Laurie - My BFF since 5th Grade...She was one of the first people who talked to me when I started the 5th grade at a new school. We were also both thrown into the 4-H scene, and we both remained very active in our local and state 4-H program throughout high school. After high school, we went our separate ways...we were both 4-H counselors over the summer, but she went to UGA and I went to GC&SU. We didn't talk everyday, but we talked often, and we picked up right where we left off every time we had the opportunity to spend time together. This girl has been my right hand through so many adventures in the last 16 years, and I wouldn't trade her friendship for anything!

Abby - Friends since college...we were both involved in 4-H throughout high school, but she thought I was a snob, so we weren't really great friends. Turns out that we both went to GC&SU, and we lived across from one another in the dorms. We ended up hitting it off, and we were inseparable along with our roommates for the remainder of college. We still all four get together at least every other month to spend time together.

Natalie - After college friends...Natalie and I went to high school together, yet she was four years older than me, so we didn't know one another well. I graduated from college, and I moved to Athens where she was living. We both ended up going to a DZ Alumni Chapter Meeting in Athens one evening. We hit it off, and we grabbed one another's numbers, and we started spending a lot of time together. She is a steadfast friend who I've spent a lot of time with here in Athens since graduating, especially when Grant was living in Jesup. We spent many evenings drinking wine and chatting after work!

Rachel - My sorority little sister...I met Rachel at Ruby Tuesday's only a few days after she pledged Delta Zeta. I came up to her, and I told her that we would be friends, because we both had the name Rachel. At that time, there were no other Rachel's in our sorority. We began hanging out and found that we had a lot in common. We both are scarily alike in our relationship likes and dislikes. We enjoy many of the same things and some people even say we look alike. Our families are even from the same town of Columbus, GA.

Amanda - Where to start...she has been a lifesaver for me. Grant's friends have NEVER been real nice to me, mainly the girls or girlfriends of his friends. She was dating one of Grant's best friends, and I went to a wedding as Grant's date when we were dating, and she immediately gave me a hug and introduced herself. She was pretty much one of the only people that spoke to me or spent time with me that evening. She called me the very next week to see if I wanted to come over for dinner since Grant was living in Jesup, and we have been steadfast friends since. She spent a lot of time going out of her way to make me enjoy my time in Athens even though Grant was in Jesup. She has always included me, and I've enjoyed being the third wheel with her and her boyfriend on a regular basis when Grant was away! :)

Amanda - Not sure if you can see the resemblance, but this is my sister! We are two years apart, and we haven't always been extremely close, but in the past two years we have grown very close, and we talk to one another via phone, text or email almost daily. If I'm ever sad or upset about anything, I call my sister. I know that I have great friends, but my sister is the one who will never judge me and never ask questions. She'll listen to me and understand. If Grant and I have argued about something dumb, I call my sister. She doesn't think that Grant is a "bad" guy, because we've had a fight. She just listens to the situation, and she understands that we are being stupid, and we'll get over it in the morning. She is my shoulder to cry on, and I am so grateful to have her for a sister. She also takes after me and was a Delta Zeta at her college, as well. :)

Alright, so I've written a novel about my awesome bridesmaids, so I'll move on to some of the other important women in my life...
My Sister in Laws, Anna & Ashley

Both of my sister in laws are so much fun, and I really love and enjoy spending time with them. I'm so lucky that both of Grant's sisters and I immediately hit it off, and we've been friends since the beginning. I first met them both when Grant asked me to go with him to his sister, Anna's, graduation from college. They both came up and were able to make it to my Bachelorette Party, and I keep in touch with them regularly via email.

My Mom & Mother in Law

I'm blessed with a mom who I am very close to and talk to on a daily basis! She does so much for me, and I couldn't do it without her. I'm also very lucky to have a wonderful mother in law who is extremely easy going and enjoyable to be around. She doesn't meddle in our business or try to call or come visit on a regular basis. She is the best kind of mother in law to have! :)

We had a few others who were at the luncheon, but I don't have photos of them, including our grandmothers. Everyone is wonderful, and I have a great group of friends and family that I'm so lucky to have and who care about me and support me through all of life's challenges.

10 comments:

Lexilooo said...

I didn't realize you were a DZ! My mother was a DZ! I wasn't, as the school I went to had a pretty small Greek scene, and didn't have DZ, but one of the schools I looked at did have DZ, and she wanted me to go there, mainly for that :)

(mostly kidding- it is a great school, and she wanted me to go there for other reasons too!)

Sweet Simplicity said...

This is such a sweet post! I love the dress you are wearing at your rehearsal!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have a great group of friends (and family too)!

Carry Grace said...

It looks like you have a great group of women in your life.

Lyryn said...

I just love reminiscing. That sure is a group of lovely ladies! ;)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Very sweet post! Its important to recognize the important people in your life and tell them how much they mean to you.

Kelly said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you about my cool giveaway...a peronalize wine glass *you chose what you want on it* hope you stop by and enter......good luck

have a great one

Anonymous said...

so fun! great pictures!

SassyCassie said...

I love your dress!

Jill said...

You have such a great group of women in your life. I love your rehearsal dinner dress! I think I remember you posting about it... great choice.