...Yes, that's right! Well, we weren't robbed at our home, thankfully! But we were robbed at our office. As some of you may know, Grant and I work for the same company, so we work in the same office. This morning as we were getting ready, Grant heard his phone ring downstairs. Note: It was 6:00 AM. We both thought out loud, "Who would be calling so early?" So, Grant went downstairs got his phone and called a guy we work with back. The guy asked if Grant had taken his computer home last night...as usual, Grant had left his computer in the docking station and had not taken it home. Turns out...someone came in at some point last night and stole six computers out of offices where people had left their computers.It had to be someone who followed someone else in or had access to our office, because the entire office building locks at 6:00 PM. And our office is locked all the time, so unless someone had a key or followed someone in, they couldn't even get into the building. I'm a fairly trusting person, and I can't imagine someone coming in and taking things from our house. It was such a shock to me!! Grant went off to work early, and I followed behind shortly after. Luckily, I had taken my computer home with me last night, so I am not out a computer, but it's going to be a tough day and maybe even week for those whose computers were taken! Talk about a loss of productivity...Anyways, it makes me really sad to know that someone would steal from you like that. I really can't imagine someone being that desperate to take items that they probably won't make much money from, and who knows if they can even rebuild them. They are very secure, and I know that they won't be able to login to the computers. They might be able to wipe them clean and start over with a new OS, but it's going to be a difficult job. We also have serial numbers on all our computers, so it will be easy to track if this person(s) tries to sell them.
Well, I hope everyone else has had a better start to their day! :) It is wet and rainy, and we have had our space invaded here at the office, so everyone is feeling a little under the weather.
12 comments:
Sorry to hear about the break in. The nerve of some people!
Also, I got your swap package, thanks, everything in there I love! So do the kids!
I love Kohls!
I can't believe someone would do something like that! Apparently thieves are getting braver and braver. I know how you feel about having your personal space invaded. Boodaddy's entire office building was spray painted with graffiti a few months ago. I hope your day goes better than the morning!
That's awful! Our house was broken into about a year ago and the person stole our laptop. It was pretty devastating. I just couldn't believe someone would do something like that.
That is awful. I'm sorry that happened to Grant.
That's not good at all. I hope the find whoever it was.
oh no!! just when you think your stuff is safe. So sorry that Grant's got taken. Hope your week perks up! Sending you a great big hug! = )
Awww.. sorry to hear about that - that is TERRIBLE! I'm glad it wasn't at your house thankfully though and everyone was safe!
That's crazy! I don't understand people sometimes.
that is ridiculous!
the nerve of some people!
hopefully karma gets them back ;)
hope your week gets better!!
What a yucky way to start the day! It's sad that people feel the need to take things that belong to other people. I hope your office at least has cameras so a lead might come from it!
That's awful....hope that your day got better though!
Oh, that really sucks! Unfortunately, things like that make me question my faith in people.
Post a Comment