On another note, I'm having a hard time sleeping, because my hip is starting to hurt really badly on whichever side that I'm laying. So, if I'm laying on my left, I wake up and that hip is throbbing, so I turn over to my right, go back to sleep, and I wake up to the same thing on the other side. I'm guessing that it's because of the extra weight that I'm carrying, so my hip isn't used to the weight, and it's letting me know that it doesn't care for it. I've tried everything...from putting a pillow behind me, putting one in between my leg and putting one behind me and in between my legs. If things don't start to improve soon, I'm going to be sleeping on the couch elevated, so I can sleep on my back again. I miss sleeping on my back so much!! This just started on Friday night, and we were out of town visiting some friends, and I thought it was because the mattress was so hard in their guest bedroom. But I came back home, and it happened again the past two nights on our nice, soft pillow-top mattress. I'm in pain, and I'm not happy about it! I am going to get a massage next week, and I'm hoping that will make me feel a little better.
If anyone has any suggestions for either ailment, send them my way!!
7 comments:
Hmmmm...maybe you should suggest to Grant that he send you to the spa for weekly massages? That might help a bit :)
I have had the hip issues for a while already! I've mentioned on my blog about the chiro and it has helped 100%!!!! If your insurance will cover it, I totally recommend the chiro!! It does still hurt if I sleep on one side for too long though! Just something we will have to deal with until our munchkins get here :)
I dunno about the itchy boobs, I never had that. But I DID have the hip pain. Made sleeping very uncomfortable... it didn't go away till I gave birth. Sorry :(
You should definitely try the chiro! Couldn't hurt.
maybe try vaseline instead of lotion? I've heard of people who use that nightly instead of lotion for dry skin etc and it's 10x cheaper and works better.
Unfortunately Im not sure of a way to cure it, but just thought I would let ya know I had the SAME problem when I was prego with my second. I was just like you, constantly scratching and Id be in my office thinkin someone is gonna walk by and wonder what the hell Im doing! haha And mine wasn't only my boobs, my stomach would itch too. I have no idea why it happens but I agree it is VERY uncomfortable and for me, it didn't go away til after I was done breastfeeding. :(
I'm not pregnant, but my boobs and back get very itchy in the winter. I coat myself with baby-oil in the shower, while conditioner is in my hair. Then, I rinse my conditioner ou, which helps rinse the baby oil out of the tub, so you don't slip next time. (I also use the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, that helps cut the oil residue.) Then I use lotion after that, and it works wonders.
Let me know if you find any relief for the hip pain. You are not alone.
Post a Comment