Grant & I decided in August of 2008 that we might be able to get a dog. We had been talking about it for quite some time and things were slowing down for us, so we decided that it was time. Ever since we started dating, Grant had said that he wanted a Vizsla one day. He said that he had seen one once, and it was really cool, so that's what he wanted. So, I bought a book on Vizsla's, and we started to research breeders.
We found a breeder named Nancy who runs a kennel called Vizcaya Vizslas, and we got in touch with her. She had a litter on August 14th, so we were thrilled. Perfect timing for us!! We went and visited, and the puppies were so cute. I was sold. So, we picked Banks up on October 4th, 2008.
I love this dog so much...he makes me smile when I've had a bad day, and he always knows when I've had a bad day or I'm not feeling well, and he comes over and just sits with me. He cuddles with Grant every night. He has a great temperament, and he always wants to be right by your side. He will also let you stick your hand in his food bowl while he is eating, and he'll just back up until you are finished and then come back to eat. He is so gentle, and I know that he'll be so good with Weston when he arrives. I dread thinking about the day when he'll go to Doggy Heaven, but he is only 15 months, so we've got quite some time left, I hope. :)
I'll leave you with some photos of Banks:
Quail Hunting
His favorite place to relax during the colder months, especially when I've just opened it to remove clothes!

I'll leave you with some photos of Banks:
Eating the cake I made him on his 1st Birthday
12 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is hysterical that he likes to lounge in the dryer! I cracked up laughing when I saw that picture!
The picture of Banks under the blankets reminds me of our two bullies. Our puppy LOVES to be under the blankets. Now all of a sudden our 3 year old bully enjoys crawling under the comforter in the morning while we get ready.
What a handsome boy!! I love the dryer pic that's awesome.
one of my favorite breeds! I'd love to have one some day (if I ever have enough space for them to run like crazy!).
the picture in the dryer is my favorite!
He is so cute! Definitely a huge part of the family! How will things change once the baby comes? Loved visiting your blog!
he is so cute!! we can't wait to get a dog!
Aren't dogs the best? banks is a beautiful dog!
I just adore Banks! Looks like he's a Daddy's boy... I sure know Fenway is!
so cute!
Banks is so cute! John and I are getting a dog for Christmas. I love Banks, so after you told me he was a Vizsla I started looking for a breeder. Unfortunately I can't find one in Alberta. I guess I'll have to settle for looking at the picture you post!
You pup is absolutely gorgeous!!! And the picture in the dryer is hilarious! Did he just climb in there himself??
Ahh... cute dog and great family photos of y'all.
Post a Comment