Monday, November 9, 2009

I'll be back with more tomorrow...

It was a great weekend...one of my friends got engaged on Friday night, so I'm now in two weddings next year and Grant is in one. They will all be next Spring, so we'll have a lot going on!

The game on Saturday was fun, because we were hanging out with friends, but it was kind of boring, because Tennessee Tech didn't even score! We had a crazy experience at Buffalo's that I'll write about more tomorrow, and the shower on Sunday was so much fun.

I had a friend who told me that she was coming to the shower, and she is a close friend of mine, and she didn't show up. She didn't even call to tell me why she couldn't make it. I'm disappointed in her and feel like she doesn't really value our friendship. She was in our wedding, and she did similar things throughout the wedding planning. She didn't make it to a Bridal Shower, because she had allergies on the day of the shower. She had already RSVP'd to that one too, and she sent me a text message to let me know. She showed up two hours late to my Bachelorette Party, and then she only stayed for about half an hour, and she invited her boyfriend to come down and meet us downtown. But whatever! I'm just not sure I know when to call it quits on a friendship where I can't rely on someone.

Anyways, I'm exhausted today! I went to bed at 9:00 PM, but I just can't keep my eyes open. I've been sneezing and congested, and I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if it's allergies or something. I took a nap under my desk this morning, because I was so tired, and it's not even 10 AM. I left my camera at the girl's house yesterday for the Baby Shower, so I can't post any of my pictures, so I'll post pictures when I get back, and I'll write more about the fun events of the weekend when I'm feeling better.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

11 comments:

The Pacheco's said...

Sorry you are feeling bad and too bad about your friend. The same thing happend to me with one of my BFF and we have not talked since my wedding day! Sucks because sometimes I really miss her. But anyway can't wait to see pictures and I hope you feel better!

The Janacek's said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, I hate when I can't rely on good friends to be there too. Its hard. I am glad your shower went well and I am sure you got a lot of great things! You sound like me I take naps under my desk too! Ha when your ready for a nap, means YOUR ready now! I feel the same way all the time!!! I hope you have a good week and can't wait to see your pics!

Carry Grace said...

I hope you start feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Can't wait to see your shower pics.

Jane said...

Hope you feel better today! Congrats to your friend on her engagement, how exciting!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see picture's.....

I am so sorry that your friend has & is again acting like that. I think that some people just don't understand that their actions really do effect other people!! Feel better & try not to let her selfish actions get to you too much........

Ginger said...

I can't wait to see all the fabulous pics from your weekend. I'm sorry to hear about your friend problems but I know that sometimes God has us let go of people we might not be as close to as we once were to make room for new friends to grow with.

Alison said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. It sucks when you can't depend on someone who should always be there for you. :(

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that sucks she's flaking on you like that. I'm sure it's not because she doesn't value your friendship... maybe just talk to her about it.

Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! I'm sorry about your friend, sometimes people are just not nice. I'm glad you enjoyed your shower though -- can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this- sometimes its so hard to let people go, but you know you can't keep letting yourself down at the same time. Its hard I know.

This is going to sound crazy, but I remembered your post about your Christmas cards. I LOVED the design! Did you do it yourself or did someone else design those for you?

Anonymous said...

holy crap girl! where are you at???? I work for CRMC and Tech is only about 45 min away from my house! I can't believe your friend did you like that. In the words of Cher....AS IF! {haha} hope your having a great day!