Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Remaining Items

Edited: 7:49 AM to reflect things I got done last night! :)

So, we've actually only got a few things left to do before Weston's arrival...I'll finish up with a few of them tonight, and I'll snap some photos, so I can show them off to you all tomorrow. Here are the last few things that I've got to get done...

Weston's Room
- Put Crib Bedding on Crib (11/5) - DONE
- Wash Clothes & Hang / Organize in Closet or Dresser Drawer (1/1)
- Set Up Diaper Area (11/4) - DONE
- Recover Glider (1/1)
- Hang Bulletin Board & Announcement in Weston's Room (11/5) - DONE

Our House
- Deep Cleaning (1/1)
- Rearrange photos on wall in Guest Bedroom to coordinate with new furniture (11/15) - In Progress
- Hang Floral Canvas prints in Dining Room (1/1)
- Hang prayer on wall in Dining Room (1/1)
- Hang photos below our Family Name Sign on Steps (11/5) - DONE
- Recover Small Chair for Vanity (11/15)
- Clear off shelf for Bottles, Formula & Food (11/5) - DONE
- Hang Family Name Sign on Steps (11/5) - DONE
- Pick up Monogrammed Towels for Bathroom (11/5) - DONE

Weston's Bathroom
- Hang Photos on Wall
- Put Bathroom Sign on Door
- Put Ribbon on Bathroom Hooks - DONE

Left to Purchase
- Toothbrush Holder & Accessories for Bathroom
- Two Lamps
- White Basket for Toilet in Bathroom
- Blue Washcloths for Bathroom
- Blue Candle for Bathroom

Does anyone have any suggestions for someplace to buy some inexpensive white lamp shades? I have the lamp, but I don't have the lamp shades. I'd like to get some cheap white ones, and I was going to decorate them with ribbon. Also, anyone know of where I can get some duck bathroom accessories, like a toothbrush holder. I've looked at Wal-Mart, and I didn't find anything, but I plan to look at Target, as well. If anyone knows of somewhere else to look, let me know.

Well, I guess that's it and the majority won...Weston is going to be a giraffe next year for Halloween! Yay! :)

14 comments:

Kelsey712 said...

check at Lowe's for your lamp shades... we have bought several from there and they have lots of different shapes and sizes. GOOD LUCK!

Sarah said...

check at Home Goods for lamp shades and ducky stuff :)

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

I've seen them at Hobby Lobby, but it's a hit and miss. GL finding them!

Candace said...

WOW! You are on top of it!! I attempted a to do list like yours, and I only made it to 5 to do's! haha

Mommara said...

Ross or Marshalls are great places to find lamp shades and usually between 3-8 dollars. :)

Unknown said...

Hey! I saw your comment on first comes love and saw that you were from GA... had to check out your blog! (VERY CUTE!). I was born and raised in GA! Congrats on the baby!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Good luck finding lamp shades! Have you checked Target or Kirkland's?

Anonymous said...

Kohls.com has some duck stuff. search "duck" and click on bed/bath. otherwise I was going to say Walmart is where I've seen duck stuff before.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

look at how precious these are: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33089037&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=duck+bathroom&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
i second the lowes or hobby lobby.
i can't wait to see all the finished pictures!! :-)

Alison said...

Oh I'm glad you decided on the giraffe!

Anonymous said...

We have a place called Old Time Pottery that has tons of inexpensive lamp shades, I'm not sure how many and where they have them though.

I'm so glad the giraffe won, it's so adorable!

The Flores Garden said...

Your list looks great- very organized! Anyplace like Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx may have lamp shades. Or Wal-Mart as well.

Unknown said...

Try TJ Maxx Home Goods (Mall of GA), Hobby Lobby & Michael's.....these 3 places have become my favorite places to shop!!

I thought that I was a go getter....you go girl on getting so much done in such a short time!!! WOO HOO!!

Ginger said...

someone already mentioned it but I'll second it check out Kohl's for the ducky stuff and try Home Depot or Lowe's for lamp shades.