"The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
- William James
I didn't realize how important appreciation was or how often it was thought of or brought up by people until I started to feel like I wasn't being appreciated. I looked up the word appreciation today, and not only did I find the definition, but I found hundreds of quotes, poems and stories on appreciation and appreciating those you love and who do things for you.
In the past few weeks, I've felt like I'm not appreciated, and it hurts my feelings. It's become increasingly difficult for me to bend over, fold clothes, iron clothes, etc. as I get bigger and bigger. It's uncomfortable and my feet hurt if I stand for too long. I'm still cooking dinner daily, as well as, cooking dinner for the dog (long story), and I just want someone to notice that I'm still working hard. It's not that Grant doesn't appreciate me, because I know he does, but I'm at the point right now where I need that reassurance that I'm still doing a good job. I'm sure that a huge part of it is my emotions right now, but I just feel like I'm being lazy and that it's not good enough if I just want to sit on the couch and relax. And Grant would never say that to me or make me feel like that, but it's just my emotions telling me that and letting it get the best of me.
Here's to hoping that I'm a little less emotional and not so "needy" next week...
7 comments:
You poor thing. That's amazing that you're still doing that. I couldn't even think about cooking when I was preggers!
Wow... I don't do all that and I'm not even pregnant! ha. I appreciate you!
With all that stuff you've crossed off your list, you're doing A LOT! I know it's hard, but don't be hard on yourself! I personally think you're like Super Woman -- you're doing more than I do on my list and I'm not growing a person!
Oh my, I can identify with this so much. When I first stopped working I felt like I was doing nothing and still exhausted everyday. Just getting out of bed and getting some laundry done was a feat. I think allot of it is emotions but part of it is that huge change in ability. Things that used to be so easy and normal become harder and harder, it is so normal. Just let your hubs know and embrace the kind words that he will (inevitably) have for you. And give yourself some grace, growing a baby is hard work in and of itself.
Sorry you are feeling unappreciated.. I have those days too! We all do! You're such a good little wife and mommy to be... keep your head up :)
You're totally right- it's nice to actually *hear* you're being appreciated. You def sound like you're doing a lot! You deserve to relax. Maybe just let Grant know you'd like just a wee bit more help around the house as your belly continues to get a little bigger and how it's not quite so easy for you right now.
But you know what? I appreciate you!!!! Thanks for all your comments on my posts and being super supportive even during this crappy time I'm not blogging :( You're awesome! Chin up :)
-ReinventingAmy
I totally agree. It's nice to feel appreciated and wanted. I hope you're feeling better. If I lived close to you, I'd help you with your house work. :)
Post a Comment