Monday, December 14, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Update

So, the doctor's appointment went fairly well...I have gained 28 lbs., and the baby is measuring at 34 weeks, and his heartbeat was 138 bpm. He seems to be doing fairly well! I on the other hand, am not doing so well. My blood pressure has been creeping up each week this last trimester. It was up to 152/72 today, and it was 145/68 at my last appointment. At the beginning on my pregnancy, it was only 98/53, so it's definitely been gradually getting higher.

My mom was on bed rest with me during her pregnancy due to preeclampsia, and I have a history of high blood pressure in my family. My dad's side of the family has low blood pressure, and I typically have really low blood pressure, so he was shocked that it had gone up so much.

At the end of the appointment, he mentioned watching my blood pressure and inducing me early if it continues to get higher. He also mentioned that he'd like to be able to hold off until January 4th at the earliest, so he'd be full term at 37 weeks. So, he asked me to try to do as much sitting as possible and keep my legs elevated, etc., so my blood pressure stays low, as well as, try to drink as much water as possible. We ended up going ahead and scheduling another appointment for next week, because he wants to keep a closer eye on me.

I'll keep you all posted on the progress and how my blood pressure looks next week!

11 comments:

autumn said...

My blood pressure started going up at the end as well, but it amounted to nothing really. Looks like you could have an outside baby sooner rather than later! Good job with the weight gain, I ended up gaining 30 and now just have ten left to lose- the first 20 dropped off with almost no work thanks to breast feeding. Now I need to get the go-ahead to work out from my dr. and then hopefully the last 10 will be gone! I am so excited for you and your little one!

Candace said...

Wow! Youre getting so close! Try to relax and not get caught up in all of the holiday stress.

Kayla said...

Good luck hun! I hope it goes down for you! You're getting there! :-) Try to relax for the holidays (yeah, easier said than done huh? haha) and then he'll be here before you know it!!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Make sure to take GOOD care of yourself this week!

Sarah said...

Take care of yourself and that little babe!

Carry Grace said...

Take care of yourself girl! You are doing great with your weight.

Annie said...

sounds like things are good then hun, continue to take good care of yourself! these last few weeks are going to fly by!!

i hope you had a great weekend hun!!

Katelyn said...

So glad he is doing ok! Take care of yourself!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about your blood pressure. Take care, relax, and try to avoid stress. Hopefully, your blood pressure will be normal soon. You're almost there, hang in there!

Unknown said...

Try to rest as much as possible & I will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I hope your blood pressure is staying stable! At least no one can complain if the rest and relaxing is doctor's orders!