Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why am I such a Mess?!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but on top of not feeling well, I've been unbelievably emotional the past two days. Grant is headed out of town today, and he'll be gone through Friday. He'll be home on Friday, but then he is headed to the coast to pick up some shrimp for my family, so he's planning to go down on Friday when he gets home and take the dog, and he'll come back on Saturday late afternoon. He's also going to be out of town next week, and I'm kind of sad about it...maybe that's why I'm so emotional. I was gone last week, now he is gone for the next two weeks. It's probably also pregnancy hormones added to of the fact that I'm not getting enough sleep and not feeling well to equal one extremely emotional girl.

Last night, Grant was packing to leave, and he had this look on his face, so I asked him what was up, and he said you hung my shirts up, and they needed ironing. What is it with "Wrinkle-Free" shirts?! Aren't they supposed to be easy maintenance? Shouldn't I just be able to take them straight from the dryer and hang them up and not have to iron them?! It wasn't like they were obviously wrinkled, but the collars were wrinkled and folded in a strange way, so I should've ironed them instead of hanging them up. My bad! I didn't say anything to him about it hurting my feelings, and he told me that he appreciates all the things that I do for him, and he doesn't mind ironing, but he just hates getting a shirt out to wear and finding that it's wrinkled, so he has to go iron it when he is running low on time. I understand that! So, he wasn't trying to make me feel like I don't do enough around the house, but he definitely succeeded. So, I started crying...then he felt terrible, and I just couldn't stop crying.

Then today I was supposed to have meetings through lunch, but I rescheduled one of them, because I wanted to try to get in lunch with Grant today before he leaves at 1:00 PM. So early in the day, I told him that I needed to play it by ear, because I hadn't rescheduled the meeting yet, and I would let him know. At 11:45 AM, he emails me and says that he is going out to eat with one of his friends and wanted to know if he could bring me something back. Nice gesture, but I couldn't have been more disappointed and upset, and I was on a conference call that didn't end until noon when he emailed me, so I had to put it on mute, because I couldn't stop myself from crying. I wanted to eat lunch with him, and I adjusted my schedule accordingly, but I hadn't told him my plans, so how could he have known. He felt bad and said that I could go to eat with them, then he said that he could cancel his plans with his friend, but I was stubborn and upset, so I declined. And I don't know about you guys, but when I've been crying, I look awful...my nose gets red, and I look terrible. I didn't bring any make-up with me to the office today, so I couldn't reapply my make-up before leaving for lunch. And I didn't really want to go out in public looking like I'd been crying!! And I'm still crying...I can't stop! I don't know why I'm so upset...is it because I couldn't see Grant before he leaves? Because I'm going to be without him for the next two weeks? Because I just have wild pregnancy hormones and everything makes me act crazy?! I'm not really sure, but I hate not feeling like I can control myself and my emotions. Are all pregnant women like this?

Grant is always so supportive and helpful, and I let every small stupid thing hurt my feelings. I need to toughen up! Ha-Ha! :) Anyways, since I've written a novel...I'm done now! Have a good day, everyone! :)

Edit: And the waterworks start again...Grant is gone! He didn't have time to stop by my office and tell me bye, because he was running late coming back from lunch, so I didn't get lunch nor did I even get a goodbye, and I just broke down and started crying again!! It's unbelievable! I can't stop crying and every little thing makes me sob!

20 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you are feeling this way :( You are not alone though! Last night I started crying because Brad said he was going to go watch TV upstairs!!!!
It is just the pregnancy hormones I'm sure! Hang in there :)

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

I'm sure it has A LOT to do with hormones, but don't worry...that's totally normal (atleast from what I hear!)

Hang in there chick...you'll make it. 2 weeks sounds like a long time, but just keep yourself busy to pass the time.

Plus, you have your blogger friends to keep you company! :)

Ginger said...

oh honey!! That's awful I went through something similar last week when Mr. A left for his grandpa's funeral and didn't have time to say goodbye. I bawled and I'm not pregnant I think you're totally justified. Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Aww - girl we've all been in these situations. It's called hormones and a communication error! Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Lexilooo said...

Of course it is the hormones!

I think this deserves a cookie or two!

Kate said...

Hye girl,

I would be crying too, and I'm not preggo! Take care of yourself and Weston while Grant is gone :)

Elisabeth said...

bless your heart, girl! i know this has to be tough for you. it's okay to give in to the tears sometimes...God knows we need some way to release things. and you know those crazy hormones cause a good bit of it. just a lil while longer...you can make it!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. This rain does nothing for my mood either :(

The Pink Chick said...

Oh Sweetie! I am so, so sorry! I too get upset when Michael has to leave and I'm not even pregnant! I would absolutely love to go to lunch before Christmas! I am free for lunch this Thursday and all next week. I am also free for dinner if you would rather do dinner. E-mail me when you get a chance and we will plan something! Thinking of you sweet friend!

Shannon said...

I have had moments like that this pregnancy, especially towards the end. Sometimes I cry over the silliest things and then my tears turn into a sobfest about every thing that has been bothering me. Im totally blaming the hormones! Hang in there hun (((hugs)))

LauraAnn said...

Awe! You poor thing! I would cry after the whole lunch thing if I knew I wasn't going to see my husband for the next two weeks too and I am not even pregnant!

Hang in there! I hope your day gets better!!!!

PS- Chocolate makes the world go round! :-)

Hilary said...

I've been super emotional today & I'm not pregnant!! I don't have an excuse! I work with my parents, and I jumped into one of their tiffs, trying to be the middle man, so my mom snapped at me telling me that she expects to be treated like an employer at work. Cue waterworks. It wasn't even that big of a deal, but when she saw me crying, she felt super bad & kept saying "I love you. Don't cry." And I don't really even know why I was crying! But it was easier to let her think it was because she yelled at me than to explain that I didn't know why I was crying. I do it all the time with my husband for no reason. So you're not alone!!! Just try to enjoy your alone time the next couple of weeks - you probably won't get any for a long time after baby H comes!!

Princess Freckles said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Its probably worse with all the hormones running through you! My grandma always said that sometimes women just need a good cry and then you feel better. I find that this is often true, but when you factor in the pregnancy hormones, I'm sure its harder to stop! Pamper yourself tonight! I hope you feel better soon.

Carry Grace said...

I'm so sorry that you are having a day filled with tears. I will tell you that it is probably most likely the pregnancy hormones. The week of Thanksgiving I cried A LOT and over things like my son's birthday cake and stuff I don't even remember that I wouldn't normally cry over. Hang in there.

Brittney said...

Aw, honey! I am so sorry you are having a tough day. Try to hang in there... I know that 'these'kind of days can be difficult.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. If I lived close, I'd take you out for a night so you could get your mind off Grant being gone. I hope this week flys by for you and he's home before you know it.

Erin said...

I feel ya girl! I was on my way to the mall Saturday and started bawling (over something stupid!) and cried so hard I had to turn around and come home to reapply makeup!! I honestly think it's these preggo hormones!! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

erica said...

hey there - i've been MIA in blogging (both writing and reading) lately...after reading your most recent post, i'm so sorry to hear you are feeling down! i'm sure it's the hormones, but knowing why doesn't necessarily make it better! thinking of you and sending internet *hugs* your way. hope all is well again soon. <3 <3 <3 !!!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh sweetie.. no crying :) I'm sorry you're very emotional but it's completely understandable :) Hang in there and you can vent to us anytime!
p.s. I kinda let out a little laugh about the ironing. My fiance is completely opposite. Since we dont live together I dont get to do his laundry and stuff so he'll go to work with the most ridiculously wrinkled shirts. I'll stop by his place after work and see his shirt and just shake my head! lol MEN! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this & that Grant isn't there to give you a big hug....I hope that you get some rest & feel better soon UNTIL then ((HUGS))