Monday, October 5, 2009

Calling All Painters!!

I'm going to call my dad over and see if he can help us with painting Weston's nursery! Grant started taping off the walls last night, and he didn't get very far! He got so frustrated with the entire process that he gave up, and I don't think that I'll be able to get him to do anymore taping. I think I can convince him to do the painting, but it looks like the taping is out. My dad is a perfectionist, as is Grant, so he'll likely get frustrated too, but I'm going to see if he can come help us out next Sunday or the following week sometime. We'll see! Grant really wants me to give up on the stripes, but I have my heart set on them, and I think we can do it...it's just time consuming.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the tape on the wall straight? Especially going all the way around the room it's difficult to make sure everything lines up, particularly at the corners.

7 comments:

Carry Grace said...

You can get a pretty decent laser level for not much money. It should make it pretty easy. I hope all goes well, I know you have your heart set on the stripes and they will look so good.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

No advice, but good luck!

Candace said...

cant wait to see how it turns out!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You need to pick up one of those snap chalk things from Home Depot. Then use a long level as you tape along the line. And make sure you peel off the tape BEFORE the paint fully dries. Take pics!

JennyLee said...

Snap chalk and/or a level should help. Good luck!

Jill said...

I wish I had some good advice on painting. I'm glad you can call your dad for help. I can't wait to see the finished paint project.

AP said...

I would recommend a chalk line thinger. Because it's long enough to snap chalk along the whole wall and if you mess up- it's chalk! Wipes off quickly!

-ReinventingAmy